Is there a way with rules to convert or caste AD Name into AD Display Name?

• 16 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi All I hope you have a good weekend.

I have a people picker tied to the AD User Smart Object. Using the system value Name returns domain/username. I figured out how to make the picker display the display name but I need to copy the name to several text boxes in the process. Using Transfer Data rule, results in the domainusername being copied. Is there a way to caste the username into the display name with rule, box properties, or expressions?

6 replies

Hi Jaswerl,

The value of the picker control isn’t really relevant. You can use any value to identify a user (domain/username, display name, email, etc). In your transfer rule, you need to select the display name to display the user’s name:

Transfer the DisplayName (or whatever your users’ names are) from the picker control’s SmartObject data into your textbox control.

I used a button called “Load” to transfer the name, the results are:

Here is a screenshot of my picker control:

Note, you can use any display property in your picker control

Hope this helps :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

Hi Prineet,

Thanks for the  feedback. I did that for the picker and the display name displays. But I’m copying the value before the data is saved to the smart object.

Hi Jaswert,

The picker control reads data from a smart object and the transfer rule basically takes whatever that value is and transfers it into a textbox. I’m not sure what you mean by “copying the value before the data is saved to the smart object”, as nothing gets stored into the smart object before, during or after the transfer. Please post screenshots of what you are trying to do if possible.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

hi Prineel I replied to this topic twice but the comments don’t appear here.

Hi @jaswerl,

Hmmm, maybe start a new topic or contact one of the community moderators. That is weird though.

Kind Regards

Prineel 

Badge +6

You may please post a screenshoot.