Solved

Is it possible to list all workflow activity definitions and configuration?

I'm looking for a way to list all the workflow steps and some of their configuration. I'm happy to use the C# API, a SmartObject, or a database query. I've been searching and haven't found anything yet.

I'm not looking for the active instances, but rather the definitions. We have a lot of workflows and steps defined and I specifically want to know which of them have the "resolve groups to individuals" checkbox checked so I can avoid manually tracing through everything.

icon

Best answer by khanh1 12 May 2020, 01:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi dustinaleksiuk,

You might be able to find out the workflow steps that contains "resolve groups to individuals" checkbox. I haven't fully tested it yet but it seems possible with the steps below.

Workflow FQN name: TestTestTest2

Tables: [Designer].[CollabData] and [Designer].[Process]

SQL query: select * from [Designer].[CollabData] where [SessionId] in (Select [JsonId] from [Designer].[Process] where Name = 'replace_with_workflow_fully_qualified_name') and
[Json] like '%votingResolveGroupsToIndividuals%'

In this scenario, I have a task step in the TestTestTest2 workflow with a single task step (My Local Task for Me).

1. Edit the workflow in the Designer. This will load the Task definition in the Collabdata table. This step is required to see the Task step data.

2. Run the following query to identify the Task steps with 'votingResolveGroupsToIndividuals' option.

---Replace TestTestTest2 with the workflow FQN name
select * from [Designer].[CollabData] where [SessionId] in (Select [JsonId] from [Designer].[Process] where Name = 'TestTestTest2') and
[Json] like '%votingResolveGroupsToIndividuals%'

3. Copy the Json value to an editor tool. I use this site to format it (http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/).

4. Click The Viewer tab to display the Task title.

Thank you for that very detailed answer. I'm going to try it later today, but even just reading throught it taught me a lot about how this stuff is structured.