Images needed full scale in PDF Conversion

• 15 January 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +10

I have a project requiring the following items done and I've NEVER done this on form development so I'm looking for guidance.   These were all Microsoft Word forms that are being converted to K2.

1 Form (lots of controls and tons of checkboxes) - ability to add 10 Images and / or Attachments.

We then need to send a PDF Copy of this form to a network file location so that a script can be run to grab the PDF and a Index .txt file to upload into a third party system P8.

The PDF should have Full Scale Images not small image icons.  Has anybody else done this - have any thoughts / suggestions.

I'm a lower end K2 Developer being tasked with some high end functionality.
So needs are:

Getting Images to display on a Save as PDF

Getting a .txt file created with a record row of index fields for each PDF saved to this network share for the day.

Hopefully that makes sense.  I'm attaching a picture.

12704i237B87F6E0F2FFB1.png

1 reply

Hey AAschenbrener, 

The first step in getting images to show up in the PDF's generated is to follow the steps of the following KB:

https://help.k2.com/kb003233

Once you have gone through those steps, you can utilize image attachment controls to house the images you would like to render in the PDF. These controls have a size setting that will let you control the size that the images are using the custom size setting. 

Its not quite a text file, but you might be able to utilize the PDF Converter SmartObject in a workflow to get a report of the PDF's that have been generated. You could set the workflow on a schedule in management so that it would execute daily. I will include the link to the documentation for using that SmartObject in a workflow below. 

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/PDFConverter/PDFConverter.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%7CK2%2520Management%7CIntegration%7CService%2520Types%7C_____17 (See the Using PDF Converter SmaretObjects in a Workflow section)

Regards, 

Samuel