Access denied error with K2DocAttachment component

• 20 October 2005
  • 9 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7
Hi,

Could you please help me with the following problem:

In Visual Studio.Net I m trying to setup K2DocAttachment component. I m not able to setup Document Library field. When I click it to open a list of WSS sites and libraries I ve got an error:

SharePoint Site Property Bindings

Server was unable to process request Access is denied,

What should I do to solve it?

Thank you,

9 replies

Badge +9
Hi,

The DocAttachControl makes use of a web service (k2spslist) to return a list of document libraries. The default installation path of the web service is: http:///_vti_bin/K2SPSList.asmx, from IE browse to the web service. This should give you a clear indication of the problem.
Badge +7
Thank you for your answer, Renier, but as far as I'm not expirienced in XML schemas I can't understand what I need to do to understand the problem.
I load SPSList followed your link, found GetDocumentLibraries method but what I need to do with it?
Thanks
Badge +7
Also, If I'm using a K2.Net Studio component SharePoint Document - it displays all the libraries of WSS without any problems.
PLease help
Badge +9
That s good we now have established that you have the web service installed on SPS, the fact that it works fine from within K2.net Studio means that we have a problem with the credentials of the custom site you are developing. Please make sure that your Web app is configured to make use of Integrated Windows Authentication, this can be done using IIS Manager (Internet Information Services).
Badge +7
Yes, I checked - it uses Integrated Windows Authentication...
May it depends on the version of WSS - I'm using WSS 2.0
Badge +9
Please excuse my ignorance, when you say WSS 2.0 do you mean Windows SharePoint Services 2003?
Badge +7
Version 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=E084D5CB-1161-46F2-A363-8E0C2250D990
Badge +7
Well, in addition, when I installed SPS2003 instead of WSS everything works fine.
But the question still exists for me, what I missed in WSS? :(
Badge +9
Hi W,

Please submit an official support ticket for this issue; this will insure that the appropriate steps are taken to identify possible issues with the DocAttachControl and WSS.