I am trying to acertain the value of two radio buttons classifd as Yes and No

Badge +5

I added a message box to load the radio button control just after I used Transfer data to blank out a yes score. This is what I got: What the heck does this mean?

14451i4B22D16F03A99D1B.png

12 replies

Hi @jaswerl ,

How did you use your transfer data rule? (some screenshots of your scenario might help more) / what are you trying to display in the message box?

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

Hi Prineel,

I placed the radio button list control in the message to  try to  ascertain  the value of the control after a user changes it and I used transfer data rule to transfer the change to a smart object. The green circle is what  I got back. I don’t know what that means!

Hi @jaswerl,

Does your rules look like this:

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

Hi Prineel,

Why no it doesn’t look like that. What is that second rule?

I never say anything like it. What is it’s name?

Hi @jaswerl ,

Its the execute smart object method under actions. You can do a lot with its functions, like save, create, delete, list and a lot more.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

Hi @Prineel 

Ah the  name of your SO Value threw me. I have used that rule before and it does NOT save a change in the radio button value to the smart object. If the initial selection is Yes and the user changes it in a later step to No the changed value is not saved. In the next step it is still Yes.

Badge +5

Hi @Prineel  here are some screen shots

If a user choses yes the yes is saved in my create method

In a later step the user changes to NO. Here is my Save method and configuration

This does not save the No to the SMO and on the view in a later step it still reads Yes.

Hi @jaswerl,

Perhaps try transfering the value into a data label, and at the later step, use the save method to store the data label value into the smart object.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

@Prineel  Hi Prineel,

Thanks for working with me on this. I just tried your method. It did not work. the originally entered yes still exists in the final step.

Hi @jaswerl,

One last attempt, is the defualt value set as “Yes”, if so, set it to empty or none and try again. If not im not entirely sure how to repro your scenario fully, can you perhaps explain how the later/final step works?

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +5

I’ll ty my best. This is a credit card authorization automation. The submitter fills out some personal details and then reads an agreement Then accepts or declines the agreement by selecting yes or no.

Submission
Most often the use selects yes and the create smart object method saves the yes by dragging the radio button list to the Acceptance action property on the smart object.
The workflow goes to the manager for approval then goes to finance approval. Under certain business conditions, the finance department can send the form back to the submitter to verify they truly accept the agreement. At this point the radio button list is editable by the submitter. They are permitted to select no this time. If they select No I cannot save the no over the yes answer in the smart object. When the submitter resubmits, it goes back to finance for final approval or decline. Only the radio button still says Yes. I thing there needs to be some kind of action other than working the worklist item to change the data. But all actions go to the head of the rule block and there’s no way to execute an action in the middle of a rule block like when the submitter selects no.
I hope this helps.

Hi @jaswerl,

Im not sure how your workflows are set-up, but as a potential work around, when the form is sent back to verify, link the radio buttons to a user step (in your workflow, may need to create a new state) and then use the smart object method to save. Something like this:

I will try to do something like this tomorrow if i have time.

Kind Regards

Prineel