jaswerl
Novice

I am trying to acertain the value of two radio buttons classifd as Yes and No

I added a message box to load the radio button control just after I used Transfer data to blank out a yes score. This is what I got: What the heck does this mean?

feda9d77-2d93-4f52-92c6-6d7e1a117a84.png

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Prineel
Scout

Re: I am trying to acertain the value of two radio buttons classifd as Yes and No

Hi @jaswerl ,

How did you use your transfer data rule? (some screenshots of your scenario might help more) / what are you trying to display in the message box?

Kind Regards

Prineel

0 Kudos
jaswerl
Novice

Re: I am trying to acertain the value of two radio buttons classifd as Yes and No

Hi Prineel,

I placed the radio button list control in the message to  try to  ascertain  the value of the control after a user changes it and I used transfer data rule to transfer the change to a smart object. The green circle is what  I got back. I don’t know what that means!

0 Kudos
Prineel
Scout

Hi @jaswerl,

Does your rules look like this:

20c42d18-ee3a-40ed-a879-766d3dbf9535.png
48341574-4dee-4997-9025-dcc4f90a4b1e.png

Kind Regards

Prineel

0 Kudos
jaswerl
Novice

Hi Prineel,\

Why no it doesn’t look like that. What is that second rule?

I never say anything like it. What is it’s name?

0 Kudos
Prineel
Scout

Hi @jaswerl ,

Its the execute smart object method under actions. You can do a lot with its functions, like save, create, delete, list and a lot more.

Kind Regards

Prineel

0 Kudos
jaswerl
Novice

Hi @Prineel 

Ah the  name of your SO Value threw me. I have used that rule before and it does NOT save a change in the radio button value to the smart object. If the initial selection is Yes and the user changes it in a later step to No the changed value is not saved. In the next step it is still Yes.

0 Kudos
jaswerl
Novice

Hi @Prineel  here are some screen shots

If a user choses yes the yes is saved in my create method

06ee7bc8-1744-4f03-a2af-6fe196764734.png

In a later step the user changes to NO. Here is my Save method and configuration

74a715fb-394f-4762-be2a-9d3e9d10712a.png

d011b044-d879-4fc3-beb3-b1771eb7ad9e.png
This does not save the No to the SMO and on the view in a later step it still reads Yes.

0 Kudos
Prineel
Scout

Hi @jaswerl,

Perhaps try transfering the value into a data label, and at the later step, use the save method to store the data label value into the smart object.

25913444-4803-49de-ae56-2e3b752c3e3b.png
0c88fa75-154f-4b36-9d17-cdf7cc5ade19.png

Kind Regards

Prineel

0 Kudos
jaswerl
Novice

@Prineel  Hi Prineel,

Thanks for working with me on this. I just tried your method. It did not work. the originally entered yes still exists in the final step.

0 Kudos