How to update a present SharePoint document with Workflow Designer

• 31 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

I am using K2 5.4 in combination with SharePoint Online.

In my application which I am building I have the following situation for a new request:

• In SharePoint Library 'K2_Attachments', which every application uses an own folder thorough own specific Application Code and Application ID (for example, Code = VEA, ID = 61, so the folder name would be 'VEA000061').
  • I copy a document using the 'Copy Document' (in Workflow Designer, category SharePoint) from another library called 'Template'.
  • As soon as the application finishes its workflow, I use 'Add Document to Library' to make a copy of the finalised document present in the 'K2_Attachments' library to another library called 'Specifications'.

My challenge lies in the following situation for a change request. It goes the following:

• This time I use 'Copy Document' from library 'Specifications' to library 'K2_Attachments', under a new folder, because a change requests gets a new ID. So for example the folder in 'K2_Attachments' would be 'VEA000062' for example.
  • At the end of the workflow I want to do the same as with a new request, and that is copying the specific document from 'K2_Attachments' to 'Specifications', and preferably updating the same document in the 'Specifications' library which was created with the new request with version history. I tried using 'Copy Document' and 'Add Document to Library' in combination with and without 'Check In' and 'Check Out', but I can't seem to get it to work.
  • I have not tried yet deleting the document in library 'Specifications' first and then using 'Add Document to Library', because the sole purpose of this action is to update this specific document with version history.

Am I missing something and should I be using another function in the K2 Workflow Designer?

Kind regards,

Rick van Dijk

0 replies

Be the first to reply!