Solved

How to populate List View using an item view field (K2 Designer)

• 19 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Good Day 

I have an item view that has a date selection to it and once a day of the week as been selected a list view must open with already the next 5 days populated to it.

would anyone have any know how on how to do this?

I know how to open a subview just not how to populate it with the 5 days required.

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 19 April 2022, 16:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Do you currently have a SQL database behind these views? The easiest way to do this would be to invoke a stored procedure with the date selection and have it create the five rows for you in a table, then your list view can just use that table as its data source.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Is this part of some exam or training as this is the third time this exact question has been asked in the last couple of months?

Yes, Paul. It is a component of training in which the requirements for this specific task kept changng on a regular basis. I apologize for the repetition, but they required that I do this for all types of views.
I had assumed that i could do this by using a stored procedure but held on the assumption that it could be dont using one of the k2 rules.

I have already created a procedure which i hope helps:

CREATE procedure spDateMessing(@d as date)
as
with cte as
(
select n from (values(0),(1),(2),(3),(4)) as t(n)
)
select n,cast(DATEADD(D,n,@d) as date) as Date_ from cte
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I see.

I just meant I hoped that we weren't giving out the answers to some training / exam module 🙂

Cheers