How to know the outcome of a Decision action in a Workflow via Management

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi there,

I have a workflow that has a decision within a loop. The decision checks whether a smartfield property (obtained from a SMO pointing to a DB) has a particular value, and makes a decision based off of this. Since the decision is access multiple times, I have so far found it impossible to determine the path taken via view flow since it shows all paths ever taken. The only way (that i want to avoid using) I can see to track this is to adding set variables actions to capture this manually. K2 knows what the outcome was, but I can't seem to find the outcome of the activity - The closest I can come is to include system activities in the WF management reports but clicking on the activity in question provides no usable information.

20468i8CFD6623CF046086.png

I'm wondering: Is there is a way to see (for debugging purposes mainly) the outcome of an activity that is run on a WF instance? 

2 replies

Hi,

The variables is not a bad idea. I would personally put email messages with different subject titles (each relating to the path your decision took and in the body the value coming from smart object). This should definitely determine for you whether your logic is correct and if in correct why. Hope that makes sense ?

Cheers

Badge +3

Hi there,

Yes that makes a lot of sense, however I was questioning whether there is a way to determine the path taken using the management reports without needing to add extra actions to the workflow.

In the meantime, I have found that if enable the "show system activities" from the activities listview within the WF Report screen, you could follow the activities and kind of trace through the workflow to identify what actions were hit (therefore inferring what decision was taken). Not the most ideal but at least there is one way to do this.