How to handle the child process outcome from parent flow, if multiple subflows initiated with a list

• 18 December 2019
  • 2 replies

I need to initiate multiple IPC calls' based out of list of customers, each customer will span out their own sub flow, and their own task to preform. Outcome may vary for each sub flow.
In this case, how parent flow knows the outcome of each sub process? because if any of the customer rejects at sub process level, i need to change the next decision in parent flow.
Please help me out here it is hampering my development and some production tickets also held based on this.

2 replies

Hi

You can refer Example of a sub workflow returning values to the main workflow as link below

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/CallSubWorkflow/Call-SubWorkflow.htm

Thanks for sharing the link, but that does not solve the problem, Anyhow, i was able to resolve the issue, I saved the parent and child workflow name (not id) into smartbox table along with their outcome, once all child flows completed , i am querying that table and deciding the further movement of parent flow.