How to get a list with users who are active in a workflow

We would like to get a list with all users who are active in a workflow. We would like to delete all users who are member of a role but aren't active in a workflow tasks.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In the K2 Management site, there is a section under Users called "Task List". In this section you can see all tasks in the workflow and who they are assigned to. You can filter on specific users to see if they have any tasks and, if not, remove them from your role. Hope this helps!

Badge +9

Hi MJ1

see attached link below on how to get a list with users who are active in a workflow

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/Workflow_Server/TaskList.htm

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
The one thing I don't clearly understand is the request is to see active users. What is meant by that precisely? If the destination is a role depending on the configuration the task will be assigned to the Role it self, meaning all the users in the role have a task until one of them opens it (Depending on slots) and if the role is resolved to users the task will be assigned to a flat list of users from this role again slots will determine what happens id the task is opened but one user.

With that said, If the role is the destination of the task i'm not sure if there is a way to determine with 100% accuracy which member of this role needs to be removed from the role. If a user opens the task the task will be in 'Open' status for them but that doesn't mean the other users which did not open the item should not be part of the role.

To me its leaning toward a business decision to determine the role members.

HTH
Vernon

Hi MJ1,

You can use Either K2 Management or SmartObjects-Services-Tester to check who are the active users in a workflow

For the K2 Management you can go to the workflow and find task list as mentioned in previous comments.

For the SmartObjects-Services-Tester you can

1. Expand folder 'SmartObject Explorer'

2. Expand folder 'Workflow Reports'

3. Look For 'Activity Instance Destination' right click 'Execute SmartObject' then fill in the information that you have (e.g Folio) then Execute 

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.