How to display Dropdown List in Editable ListView ?

• 6 November 2018
  • 7 replies

I have a list of 14 questions in database related to a form. I want to display those questions in a list view with Yes/No/Not Appliable options for user to choose from for each question. Using editable listview is the option or not ? How can I achieve this ? 

Checklist Question Table

QuestionId Question
2 Has the Director Assets been consulted about the requirement for this spend?
3 If Replacement, is the spend on refurbishing an existing asset?
4 If Replacement, is an Asset Disposal Form required to be completed?

I have created another table in database to hold results for a specific form. 

FormChecklist Table

RecordId CapExHeaderId QuestionId Answe
145 -1 3 N/A
146 -1 4 N/A
147 -1 5 N/A

I have tried creating an editable listview to display FormChecklist table in a view and convered Answer column to dropdown but when I run the view it doesn't display dropdown or radio button. The column remains blank. 

Am I on a completely wrong path here  ? 

Ideally I want to display 14 questions and Yes,No,N/A for each question for user to select from to submit the request.

17222i3D7C298995F19F70.jpg

7 replies

Badge +9

Hi Virang,

When running the view it will not display any of the list type controls, as in your case the dropdown list, when you double-click the list item, it will put the list item in an edit state, and you will be able to select the dropdown list.

This is all presuming you have configured the edit section of the editable list to use the dropdown as well.

-Jean

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Perhaps another approach is to setup Radio button control for the editable list view. With some javascripts, this might be possible, see the following link

Double clicking on a row only displays textboxes no dropdown. What gives ? I have patched the server to latest K2 version K2 Five 5.2 FP 04. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Perhaps this link might help.

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl-Articles/SmartForms-How-to-use-a-drop-down-control-in-an-Editable-List/ta-p/84501

Badge +6

I think you almost got it!

I think the piece that you are missing is that you need to change the control in the Add/Edit item row (circled in green) to a drop down list using the change control tool bar icon (highlighted in orange).

Select the control you want to change, then click the change control button. Don't forget to set the correct data source of the drop down list so that it populates.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudos' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good day Virang

Based on the requirement here I can see that you basically want the dropdown control to be visible in the list views column for each row during runtime. Out of the box that is not functionality that you can incorporate without using some kind of custom JavaScript injection. The column cannot display the dropdown control as it is a user interaction control and the list view is designed to allow the user to inputselect data only from the addedit row as the list view needs some kind of identifier to be passed when a row is altered and the column does not have that capability which is why the addedit row is available to serve that purpose. I do have an alternative solution that would allow you to obtain the behaviour you want however this alternative will not be making the dropdown control visible in the column for the reasons explained above, instead we will manipluate the addedit row disguising it to look like its part of the column. Please see the alternative and its step by step guide below:

Alternative

Step 1:

Edit the Editable List View, navigate to the AddEdit row. From the AddEdit row, change the controls to data labels for all the controls that the user should not be able to change.

Step 2:

2.1) The “QuestionId” control would need to be changed to an autocomplete control

*Note: The autocomplete control is used here as we need to adjust the styling of the control as well for user interface and visual purposes, if using a dropdown control is used instead some sections of the dropdown controls styling cannot be modified to make it blend in with the list view.

2.2) Configure the autocomplete controls data source to point to the “Checklist Question Table” and ensure that it returns the “Question”.

2.3) the same configuration and control change needs to be done on colmn level.

Step 3:

3.1) Edit the autocomplete controls “Condition Styling” and remove the specified color from the “background color”.

3.2) Still on the conditional styling add a transparent border

Step 4:

Change the “Answer” control from the AddEdit section to a dropdown control and configure its data source.

*Note: Used static values of YesNoNot Applicable, however you can use a SmartObject if static values would not suffice.

Step 5:

Disable
emove the default double click rule “When the view exected List item double click” and add a new rule onto the list view that would set the views status to editable when a row is clickedselected.

Step 6:

Save, finish and run the view.

Result:

This will allow the user to select a row by clicking on it, which will hidedisallow the user from making changed to any fields heshe should not be able to change, instead it will only allow the user to select an Answer from the dropdown which will append the data to the list view until it gets saved when the save button is press.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +10

Khanh, 

The Wordpress article looks amazing and exactly what we are needing for a form that has 100+ Check boxes and questions tied to them.   However, when trying to follow the screenshots (which are from 2016) I'm not sure if I'm missing something or the screenshot instructions are missing key pieces of the setup.

Have you done this succesfully and could you potentially fill in some of the gaps?

We would love to prepopulate several list views with questions - automatically displaying a check box and not forcing a user to 'double click on the row'. Then on Save - save only the records that have the check box filled in as a 'yes'.