How to align table cells in different views ?

• 4 September 2018
  • 3 replies

We have K2 five on premise .

I have 3 views on a form . Each view is associated to a different smart box and I have created views for each one with 4 columns. Struggle I have is to set column width of each generated columns. I want to give 20%, 30%,20%, 30% to each table column but there doesn't seems to be a way.  Columns in each view looks little out of alignment. 

Is there a way to do what I am trying ? 

For a product that is so mature in functionality i really feel it is too restrictive in assinging style.  

3 replies

Badge +15
Hi,
The only way I know of to adjust the width is to select the column, hover your mouse to the edge, then click and drag to adjust the width. You can't adjust the width by manually typing the percentage under the properties though. I agree with you this is a little restrictive, and I am sure we are not the only one with that thought.

You can head over to ideas.k2.com, see if someone else has log a feature request for it, and vote for it. That's the only way to get the Product Management team to take notice and implement the new feature in future versions.
Badge +9

Dragging to resize the columns is the only way out of the box currently.

There's a feature request for what you want, go ahead and upvote that to let it gain more traction: https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-601

Other than that, there are various ways to get around it. You could inject javascript to resize the columns at runtime. Or you can fix one view and do a save as to use it as a template for other views. 

Hi Virang,

The only way to do this, is edit your List View and select column, under General tab adjust the width. 

Kind Regards

Luyanda

Please Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.