Unable to Create Smart Objects using K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries

Badge +2

Hi,

I am getting the following error when i am trying to create Smart Object .

Error: Error: Deserializing Type: 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Authoring.ServiceExplorer' Name: '' Message: 'Error intenal loop: ServiceInstance

I was able to create the Smart Object using the same procedure and it worked but this time i am unable to do so.

K2 Version:4.6.9

If there is a better way of creating a Smart Object i would really appreciate that, I need to fetch "Get List" data form a SharePoint Site and use it in the Workflow.

I am using K2 Studio to develop my Workflows.

Thanks,

Arpit 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Arpit,

What type of SmartObject did you try to create (i.e. standard smartbox SmartObject or smartbox SmartObject with custom method from external data source such as SQL?

By any chance the K2Studio (blackpearl version 4.6.9) component on your machine is not on the same version as the K2 server.

-khanh-

Badge +2

Hi Khanh,

I am using Custom Smart Object which lists the data from a SharePoint List, the Question is previously i was able to Create SmartObjects using the same Procedure but recently it is giving me a whole lot of trouble.

Thanks,

Arpit

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Arpit,

I have not seen the error message before. I would assume that you are using ‘SharePoint Service V2’, but please confirm. Does this issue occur if you create an out-of-the-box Smartbox SmartObject?

Perhaps, you can try to register a new SharePoint Service V2 service instance and see if the issue will occur with new service instance.

Register a new "SharePoint Service V2" service instance.
- Navigate to "[blackpearlInstallDir]in" and execute the "SmartObject Service Tester.exe".
- Expand "ServiceObject Explorer" > "SharePoint Service V2".
- Right-click the "SharePoint Service V2" node and select "Register ServiceInstance" from the context menu.
- Supply the SharePoint site URL and click "Next".
- Give the service instance an appropriate system name, display name and description and click the "Add" button.
- Once created, click the OK button and close the service tester tool.

-khanh-

Badge +2

Hi Khanh,

Thanks for the reply but i figured out the way to Register the Service Instance, It was mostly hit and try but i was able to restore the smart Object.

But the issue i am having is that the K2 is unable to resolve "ProcessOriginatorFQN" Smart Object it displays an error messgae wherever the Destination user is set to the Originator.

I have refreshed and registered all possible Objects but still the Workflow will work for the same event and then for a new instance it will send the error message "value cannot be null"

Thanks,

Arpit

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Arpit,

Did you set up the Destination to use Originator (Process/Activity Data > Process Instance > Originator)? As a test,  you can add a Data event to determine if the value from “ProcessOriginatorFQN” SmartObject is passing to a process datafield correctly, assuming ProcessOriginatorFQN is a custom SmartObject.

-khanh-