How to Increase Workflow Performance?

• 29 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi i have a problem regarding how the workflow perform in some cases.

I have a call sub workflow event in which inside of it is a simple task. However the problem is the timing when the sub workflow start and add the worklist to the user sometimes different.

This is the main workflow:

18993iB762B60C2AAF4EC7.png

This is the sub workflow:

18994i9C3735DC5EFCFBA3.png

(the image above is an example)

In one of the process instance, the timespan when the task (Validation Survey) appear in the user worklist was roughly around 1~3 seconds. But in another process instance, the timespan when the task (Validation Survey) appear in the user worklist is around 30s to 1 minute.

(Tested by QA)

I tried to find the cause but have never figured it out.

Is there any way to tune or increase the performance? is there any other factor that also impact the performance that i might be missing? 

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

On the server hosting the K2 environment, open Notepad as an administrator, and open the file located at the following path: C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2Server.setup. Once editing this file, find the node called “IPC Thread Interval” and lower the value from 60. Try setting this value to 10. This value is the number of seconds K2 waits before kicking off a sub-process or IPC (inter-process call).

I know having states in your forms can significantly decrease performance. If you do, perhaps test without having any states and rather create new forms.