How do you Auto poplate an Editable list view using an Item View

Good day

I was wondering if it was possible to autopopulate an editable list view based on what was captured on an item view, or if I could just replicate what I did on my item view directly to my list view.

My item view takes the selected first day of the week and auto populates the next five days. I'd prefer this in an editable list view rather than an item view so that a user can delete, save, and add records. I'm more concerned about the date portion of this view.

I'm still new to k2, so I'm getting to know my way around here. 

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

it looks like you are trying to "replicate" data into additional rows, with the exception of the date being incremental. There are ways of achieving this through the Nintex workflow. You can copy your initial item four times (loop) and increment the date when each item is created. Nintex does not support multiple item edit, but powerapps does.

If I've understood correctly, the easiest way that comes to mind would be to simply use the 'execute a smartobject method' rule 5 times. You will use the Create method option.

In the input parameters, for the first rule you will pass in the selected first day of the week. Then one the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th rules you pass in the corresponding incremental date.

Once all rules have been ran the SmartObject is now populated with 5 new rows with just the date set within it.

Then next have another rule to 'execute a view method'. You will need to use the list refresh method on the list view. This will update the display and show the rows.

Your list view can be an editable list view. You can generate editable list views from within K2 Designer.

Based on your screenshot I've made an assumption you already have logic to calculate all dates of the week based on the selection date.

Hopefully what I've tried to explain makes sense!

I have tried the solution you provided and maybe i implemented it wrongly im not sure , but it is not displaying. I thought i would try it with one date first before adding the others.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Why don't you add the five rows all at once from the call to the stored procedure and as part of that call give each of those rows an identifier that is the same - that way you can pass that common identifier to the list view on initialise, call the list method passing that in as a parameter and it will then load the data for those rows for you.

Cheers