Solved

How do I get rid of the content property in a basic task form?

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey all, I have set up a basic workflow and it send out a task, However when the recipient opens the task, the content property has the url of the form as value. Its really confusing as the recipients will click on it thinking it goes some where else even though its the same link. 

Please refer to the pictures.

My question is how I can remove that or change it from a hyperlink to a simple text.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Prineel 6 August 2020, 10:16

View original

3 replies

Hi,

In your user task block, under Task, there are parameters to configure your basic task form. You can remove/change the content URL there. Hope the attached screenshot helps 🙂.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of information provided by any forum member.

Kind Regards
Prineel

Hello Prineel,

How do I remove the content parameters altogether? If i leave it empty, i get the whole URL. If i input some text i get the text with URL embedded. 

Hi,

I've given it a few runs, but i can't seem to find a way to remove it or remove the hyperlink. There are however other alternatives that you can use:

1. Remove the hyperlink ("Click to open worklist item") from the email itself and the user can only use the smart action option by replying to the email (basically they will just have to reply to the email with  "Accept" or "Reject" or whatever you have your actions set to). You can also simply just select the "No Form" option under Form Type.

2. Create a Smartform which you can customize to your own specification and design: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.2/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/02Form/Form-Tab.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CWorkflows%7CUsing%2520the%2520K2%2520Workflow%2520Designer%7CToolbox%7CBasic%7CTask%7C_____3

Kind Regards

Prineel