How can I let a submitter action a worklist task without having to submit while the form is still open

• 28 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Thanks in advance for any help you can provice.

This is K2 5.3 and Smart forms

.I have a form requesting a credit card. The submitter must fill out a lot of personal info and then click a button to read the credit card agreement which they must accept or decline. Clicking the read button calls the Save rule where I usually start my workflow and action workflow tasks. In the workflow I have the first client task of Submitter Acceptance (Accept or Decline). I want to show these choices in a ddlist so they can pick one before submit is clicked. In other words I don’t want to have to submit a request to the workflow without a decision selected first. I attached a picture of  my save rule. Apparently The form parameter RequestID is specified. But it seems without some event like submit the SN number and the task actions wont be generated. Is there a workflow rule or some other way around this?

11392i656FC0B91B3635EE.png
15748i6D6608C7B308C4D3.png

7 replies

Badge +6

On the workflow step, do you store the assigned serial number on activity Original Agreement Acceptance to database?

or try to query the generated serial number on K2 worklistslot table

Badge +5

Hi YUDI2. Thanks for the response.  I’m not sure, I haven’t validated that the SN has been generated yet. But if it has I do not.

Badge +5

YUDI2 where do I find the the K2 Worklistslot table?

Badge +6

Please check it out

K2 Database > Server Schema : Server.kWorklistItemGetSlotDetails Stored Procedure
Badge +5

Hi YUDI2, Thanks for your help. Perhaps I was not clear what i need to do. Here is a better explanation.

I would like a smart form submitter to action a task as he is in the form but has not yet clicked submit. If I put in a smart form event before the submit event, will “Open a worklist Item” allow me to do this? The sequence would go something like this

• Open a new form
  • Fill in the non default info required
  • Click a button to reveal another view with terms and conditions. It also displays the footer which holds the drop down list for the task actions.
  • Submitter reads the terms and conditions and them chooses what action he wants to take
  • Clicks Submit
  • Form goes to the next client activity.

Is this even possible with OOB K2 rules? Can I use Open a worklist item to do this?

Badge +6

>>

jaswerl wrote:

Hi YUDI2, Thanks for your help. Perhaps I was not clear what i need to do. Here is a better explanation.

I would like a smart form submitter to action a task as he is in the form but has not yet clicked submit. If I put in a smart form event before the submit event, will “Open a worklist Item” allow me to do this? The sequence would go something like this

• Open a new form
  • Fill in the non default info required
  • Click a button to reveal another view with terms and conditions. It also displays the footer which holds the drop down list for the task actions.
  • Submitter reads the terms and conditions and them chooses what action he wants to take
  • Clicks Submit
  • Form goes to the next client activity.

Is this even possible with OOB K2 rules? Can I use Open a worklist item to do this?

Before submit, are you able to see the available action( for accepting the agreement) on drop down list task action ?

Badge +5

Hi Yudi2 not yet. Not without a submit first without the actions. But I’m trying something else. I’ll let you know.