Has anyone got the SelectPDF applicaton to work in K2 Workflow - Default Server Event (Code) ?

• 3 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Our company purchased SelectPDF to replace an older PDF application.  I have a webservice (HTMLToPDFConverter) that uses SelectPDF and I need to call it from a Default Server Event (Code) c# code.  I can successfully call other webservices that I have written this way so I figures SelectPDF would be no different.  SelectPDF consists of three files:  Select.pdf.dll, Select.Html.dep, and Select.Tools.dep.  Their installation instructions say that Select.pdf.dll can be installed in the GAC and that Select.Html.dep and Select.Tools.dep will automatically be copied into the GAC as dependency resources.  So I installed ito the GAC and verified these three files were copied (I believe into the GAC_MSIL folder).  When I call my webservice that uses SelectPDF, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Select.Pdf, Version=19.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e0ae9f6e27a97018' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Has anyone gotten this to work?  Or is there someplace on the K2 server that I can copy these files to and make it work?

One note, when I deploy my workflow from Visual Studio, the following files end up in this folder on the K2 server:

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinWorkProc####

CSWinWF-f7184588b99d42a98ebc66ceeef9f34d.dll          == code for the Default Server Event (Code) activity

HTMLToPDFConverter.dll          == webservice that uses Select.PDF

Select.Pdf.dll

SharePointServiceLibrary.dll          == webservice works

After the deployment, I thought I could just copy the dependent files into this folder and it would work, but it seems that the ..Proc#### folder does not get created until after the workflow is run for the first time.  Also, this folder seems to be temporary; I restarted the K2 service and all the ..Proc#### folders and files were gone.  Deploying the workflow again created a new ...Proc folder with all the files except the dependencies.

It would make sense that installing in the GAC should work.  Select.Pdf.dll should be able to find the dependencies as they are all in the same folder in the GAC.

Help is desparately needed!  Thanks in advance...

2 replies

Good day Randall_Price

On the error part, would you please visit the links below. I hope that there, you will see a light on how to overcome this:

Best,

Sunrise

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Have you restarted K2 service and performed iisreset after placing (GAC) the DLL to Windows Assembly?