Get Approver Name of a task (K2 Five)

• 22 January 2020
  • 5 replies

In a workflow i have a task that have 5 recipients all together, but i only need the one users that action the task to be saved to a data field. i've seen old post about how to do this by using Activity Instance Destination SMO, however All of them use previous version of K2 which have different GUI and I'm confused how to do this in K2 Five.

if possible please provide example of using k2 five as i am not familiar with blackpearl and previous version

thanks

5 replies

Hi Andiak,

From my understanding you are looking at a scenario wherein you have a task that is assigned to multiple users but only needs the action to be taken by the first response ? If so you may want to take a look at the "Task Results Rule: First Response"  

Select this rule in your task step in K2 Designer, so that when the first recipient actions the task, the task is complete. If the action is sent to multiple recipients or groups, it is removed from all recipients' worklists once the first response is made.

More details on this can be found in the links below 

Task Result Rule Tab - https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/05TaskResultRule/Task-Result-Rule-Tab.htm

Task Results Rule Scenarios - https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/05TaskResultRule/RuleScenarios/Results-Rules-Overview.htm

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi Andiak,

In Addition, If you are looking for the user who completed the task you can use the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject.. You can do so by

1. Open up your SmartObject Service Tester from path [K2 install drive]K2SmartObject Service Tester.exe

2.  Once opened up and successfully connected to K2 DB, expand the SmartObject Explorer > Expand Workflow reports > Workflow analytics > Right click on Activity Instance Destination > Click on Execute smartobject

3. From there you can filter out the workflow that you want to check 

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi kateV, Thanks for the response

I already know that i can use SMO tester to use it, however my problem is how to use it during Workflow Designing using the Workflow Designer .

By Referencing from this: https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt134224

This is what i come up with:

However im not sure if this is correct or not since i can't try it atm.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi andiak,

Please let us know if the below steps help with your scenario.

Scenario: Capture Approver name of a K2 task.

Steps:

1. Give K2 Service account rights to the process. This is needed for the scenario, K2 service account is used for all server event steps (i.e. SmartObject step, datafield step, etc..)

2. Call the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject > Destination method in the workflow. This SmartObject can be found under SystemReports category. The SmartObject is similar to the Activity Instance Destination reporting SmartObject but with the additional benefit of less delay and I can get back the approval's display name.

3. Capture the Approval step

4. Results at runtime.

Yes its like that however what i need is the [USER THAT ACTIONED THE TASK] not the everyone. The one you shown in the example return all recipients.