Solved

GeneralErrorMessage in K2Worker.Action 1 Invalid archive type to execute SourceCode.Workflow.Client

• 18 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Dear all,

I have Created one Console Application to intreact with K2 Worklfows, my Application has functionalities to start the workflow, retrieve the worklfowlist, retrieve the workflowlist-item & action to finish the workflow activity.

This application is working perfect in Client Machine & Production Server Environment,

Problem :

If i am executing this application into other Server which has Same environment for operation system, it is working fine for Start Workflow, retrieve the worklfowlist & retrieve the workflowlist-item.

But it is not executing the Action Event to finish the workflow activity and there is no exception error by the application, even it's giving the output success as it desigen.

can any buddy support me to resolve this issue, because it's working from client machine & production server smoothly. and I have other server where this application need to be install and execute.

i have checked the K2 Production server logs, where i am getting only this error every executing action to finish.

"1978640776","20*personal details removed*:03:56","Error","General","1","GeneralErrorMessage","K2Worker.Action","1 Invalid archive type","","","Live-K2:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","1978640776","7e2a936af6564f25b88f660504b6ce95",""

icon

Best answer by Mikhail2 21 June 2019, 10:08

View original

4 replies

Hello Salman,

You mentioned that the operating systems are the same between the environments.  This erorr can occur if the K2 components are not the same.  Have you verified that the K2 servers are the same version and have the same patch level?

Cheers,

Colin

Hi, Colinm,

I appriciate your response,

Yes K2 Version are the same on both server,

My application is executing Workflow action & completing Activity only two way.

1. If i am executing this application from any Local PC which i have tried more then three local PC

2. if i am executing this application in our Production Server.

Only this two case is ok for my application where all operation are working fine such as Start, Retrieve & Action (Finish the Activity).

Problem:

If i am execution this application in any other server such as

1. Development Server where one K2 already Installed with same version.

2. any other server in which k2 does not install.

3. any Virtual Client Machine

I am using below Code

SCConnectionStringBuilder builders = new SCConnectionStringBuilder();

builders.Authenticate = true;
builders.Integrated = true;
builders.IsPrimaryLogin = false;
builders.Host = _ServerName; //server name of the K2 host server
builders.Port = _ServerPort; //use port 5252 for SourceCode.Workflow.Client connections
builders.SecurityLabelName = _SecurityLabel; //the name of the security label to use for authenticating the credentials below
builders.WindowsDomain = _Domains;
builders.UserID = _Username; //user name to be authenticated
builders.Password = _Password; //password for the user to be authenticated

Connection K2Conn = new Connection();
K2Conn.Open(_ServerName, builders.ToString());

//OpenWorklist Item
WorklistItem K2WLItem = K2Conn.OpenWorklistItem(SN);

K2WLItem.Actions[SelectedAction].Execute(true);

Do you have any Idea, why this (K2WLItem.Actions[SelectedAction].Execute(true);) not executing the action event as i describe in Problem:

Badge +11

Hi  @SalmanZubairy not sure is you are still struggling with this problem of find some way to resolve. But in general I can say the following:

1) If code works on some of the machines, then it is not a code problem by all signs.

2) If you confirmed that host server logs invalid archive type error each type you execute your code it is a thing you need to focus on.

3) Based on what I saw so far this error ("K2Worker.Action","1 Invalid archive type") this error, like was already noted by  @colinm  is most of the time caused by a mismatch of the DLL's referenced in the solution (they need to match up between server when you build and others to which you deploy). You can try to compare that DLL versions (K2 installation directory and GAC) are the same between "good" and "bad" servers. You can use some scripting for file versions comparison or utility like Beyondcompare. Easy thing to try is to reinstall latest CU/FP in all your environments (to ensure that DLLs are properly updated). I also often see that people not updating their developer workstations to the CU/FP levels matching their target servers (and they must match).

4) Possibly you can run something like procmon.exe to see what specific DLLs K2 process tries to access at the time when invalid archive error is logged, then check versions of those specific DLLs (also see that they are not blocked by Windows).

Dear  Makhail

I appreciated your support, Now the problem has been solved,

There was error with GAC Assembly, now i have re-configure the it.

Application is working fine.?

Thanks.