I have Created one Console Application to intreact with K2 Worklfows, my Application has functionalities to start the workflow, retrieve the worklfowlist, retrieve the workflowlist-item & action to finish the workflow activity.
This application is working perfect in Client Machine & Production Server Environment,
If i am executing this application into other Server which has Same environment for operation system, it is working fine for Start Workflow, retrieve the worklfowlist & retrieve the workflowlist-item.
But it is not executing the Action Event to finish the workflow activity and there is no exception error by the application, even it's giving the output success as it desigen.
can any buddy support me to resolve this issue, because it's working from client machine & production server smoothly. and I have other server where this application need to be install and execute.
i have checked the K2 Production server logs, where i am getting only this error every executing action to finish.
"1978640776","20*personal details removed*:03:56","Error","General","1","GeneralErrorMessage","K2Worker.Action","1 Invalid archive type","","","Live-K2:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","1978640776","7e2a936af6564f25b88f660504b6ce95",""
Solved! Go to Solution.
You mentioned that the operating systems are the same between the environments. This erorr can occur if the K2 components are not the same. Have you verified that the K2 servers are the same version and have the same patch level?
I appriciate your response,
Yes K2 Version are the same on both server,
My application is executing Workflow action & completing Activity only two way.
1. If i am executing this application from any Local PC which i have tried more then three local PC
2. if i am executing this application in our Production Server.
Only this two case is ok for my application where all operation are working fine such as Start, Retrieve & Action (Finish the Activity).
If i am execution this application in any other server such as
1. Development Server where one K2 already Installed with same version.
2. any other server in which k2 does not install.
3. any Virtual Client Machine
I am using below Code
SCConnectionStringBuilder builders = new SCConnectionStringBuilder();
builders.Authenticate = true;
builders.Integrated = true;
builders.IsPrimaryLogin = false;
builders.Host = _ServerName; //server name of the K2 host server
builders.Port = _ServerPort; //use port 5252 for SourceCode.Workflow.Client connections
builders.SecurityLabelName = _SecurityLabel; //the name of the security label to use for authenticating the credentials below
builders.WindowsDomain = _Domains;
builders.UserID = _Username; //user name to be authenticated
builders.Password = _Password; //password for the user to be authenticated
Connection K2Conn = new Connection();
WorklistItem K2WLItem = K2Conn.OpenWorklistItem(SN);
Do you have any Idea, why this (K2WLItem.Actions[SelectedAction].Execute(true);) not executing the action event as i describe in Problem:
1) If code works on some of the machines, then it is not a code problem by all signs.
2) If you confirmed that host server logs invalid archive type error each type you execute your code it is a thing you need to focus on.
3) Based on what I saw so far this error ("K2Worker.Action","1 Invalid archive type") this error, like was already noted by
4) Possibly you can run something like procmon.exe to see what specific DLLs K2 process tries to access at the time when invalid archive error is logged, then check versions of those specific DLLs (also see that they are not blocked by Windows).
I appreciated your support, Now the problem has been solved,
There was error with GAC Assembly, now i have re-configure the it.
Application is working fine.?