Form is referencing the control with GUID View that could not be found

• 21 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

While migrating a K2 5.3 project from dev to live, getting this on a few forms/views:

Form is referencing the control with GUID View that could not be found

Any ideas how to fix them?

3 replies

Hello @Sharpharp1 ,

K2 package and deployment tool you tell you on which rule this issue is there. May be you can share the screenshot of the error from package and deployment tool.

In my experience, most of the time I faced this issue when I use "Edit the state of Form and View Control " to mark multiple controls as readonly. Just editing the rule and saving it again resolve the issue.

Regards,

Divya Raj

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

The issue was down to some Rules containing a "Edit State line".

These errors don't show up in Red in designer for some reason.

I used Package and deployment to get the basic details of where the issue was, deleted the edit state line and re-created it. The error was resolved.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks

I have faced the same in the past. In your k2 package and deploy module if you press on the error it will show you on the screen there is an error in the specify edit state for a view or form. Usually this happens when a control is added to the view or form after the specify edit state of a view or form is added and the control edit state would be marked as unchanged and so K2 gives an error because it needs to know what the edit state of thr control added later would be. Change the edit state of that control tp either read only or editable and that would fix your issue for sure. Let me know if it doesnt