Form Name different in each environment

• 21 October 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a situation where I have a form for which teh name is different in every environment.

Test: Form1

QA: Form1_esqa_sol

Production: Form1_ea_sol

The application has a feature to generate a PDF by passing a URL as an argument. 

The rule pass teh URL as an argument like this:

<smartformruntimeURL>/FORM/FORM1/?id=<id>

as you can see the smartformruntime url is an environmental variable , <id> is dynamically passed, but teh forem name , which is in Test =" Form1"; but when I deploy this to QA , this name does not exists (as in QA the form name = "Form1_esQA_SOL")...

does anyone has an idea how to dynamically determine teh form name ? 

Thanks

Nag

2 replies

Hi

actually system form name shouldn't be differently, if you create package from Dev and deploy to QA or PRD, it should be same system form name. you may
do workaround a 'Save As' on the viewform and set the name to the system name you need.

Badge +4

Hi!

Is there anything that is common for the form between the environments? The Systemname, Displayname or Guid?

Is it possible to change the systemname, in that case i could give you a script for this.

If the GUID is the same in the environments you could use a system smartobject called "Management Form Info". It's found in System/Management/Forms in the category tree, it can be found both in the K2 Designer or the Smartobject service tester as show in the image. Provide the GUID for the form and you'll get back the information about the form.

Regards

Daniel