Filtering a list view by the logged on user

• 21 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a SharePoint list which has a Person or Group field (Signature) which will be manually populated by a user submitting a request form. The Signature field will allow a user to identify who the form is being submitted for so they can submit on behalf of other users.

I'd like to show a list of the requests in a list view and filter them to where the Signature field equals the logged on user.  I've tried various combinations of filters with no success so I've update the filter in my 'View executed inialize' rule as per the attached image to try all combinations of filters but I get no records returned. Any ideas?

Just to note, the Signature field has been generated as a 'Text' field in the SmartObject automatically by K2.

Thanks,

Ben

15639i0466815899F4B681.png

3 replies

Good day Ben.

When the user is logged on you can execute a get list method on the users's username (retreived from the textbox on the login page) to get the signature and then populate a hidden (not visible) field with the result (output mappings). when you have the result you gan use that result in your filter to refine the data in your list view. Alternativeley you may ask the user/manager to enter the signature (If it is known) and use that in your filter. If you want to automate the process further you can use the system values of the user in order to populate the input mappings of the get list method after the login was successful.

Kind Regards 

Jacques

Badge +11

This should be easy.  First execute the SmartObject from the management site to look at the raw data returned.  Is it something like domainuser or user@domain?  The look at the form context menu and locate the user values under system.  One of those should match what you are seeing in SharePoint.  The just set your filter or input property on that value.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good day Ben

I performed a test and can confirm that using the entire "Current User" system value from the context browser as per your screenshot will not allow your filter to filter the way you expect it to. In your current filter, the "Current User" section in the filters is what is avoiding your filter from working the way you want it to.

For some reason the "Current User" section is taking presidence over the other filtering objects presumably becuase the other filtering objects are actually children of the "Current User" system value category.  

Keeping the above in mind and focusing on the filter you already have, please could you remove the "Current User" rows from your filter.

Alternatively this filter should work just fine:

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond