Solved

Workflow Error: Failed to fetch an access token from the token service

• 5 June 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

Hi, I'm getting this error message on all workflow running in a site collection in Office 365. Other Site Collections are running workflow fine. I've tried deleting and re-adding the Nintex Workflow app manual but same result. This is happening on new and old workflows.

Workflow Error Message:

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled in less than one minute. Details of last request: HTTP  to https://workflowo365.nintex.com/api/ClientArea/Version1/WorkflowAuthentication/Auth Correlation Id:  Instance Id: 0b33383a-6f27-4035-ad94-d8bb0bcea85b

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to fetch an access token from the token service. The token service returned an error type of 'unauthorized_client' with the following description: AADSTS70001: Application with identifier 'e38babee-491d-461a-a512-c37a36731ea2' was not found in the directory 509db05b-bfbb-44b5-9b16-4b7a4578ebc7

Trace ID: f72be93a-7945-48a9-983b-df3ad4fdb245

Correlation ID: 7305e061-65b6-bccb-82e6-768835a72bd1

Timestamp: 2016-06-03 03:31:35Z ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SSecurityTokenServiceCredential.FetchAccessToken(Uri stsUri, String targetServiceAudience, String authenticatorToken, HttpWebRequest request, TimeSpan timeout, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity, TimeSpan& expirationDuration)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SSecurityTokenServiceCredential.FetchAccessToken(Uri stsUri, String targetServiceAudience, String authenticatorToken, HttpWebRequest request, TimeSpan timeout, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity, TimeSpan& expirationDuration)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SSecurityTokenServiceCredential.GetAccessTokenFromTokenService(OAuthS2SPrincipal client, OAuthS2SPrincipal targetServiceAudience, HttpWebRequest originalRequest, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity, TimeSpan& expirationDuration)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SSecurityTokenServiceCredential.GetAuthorization(OAuthS2SAuthenticationChallenge[] bearerChallenges, HttpWebRequest request, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SAuthenticationModule.AuthenticateInternal(String challenge, WebRequest request, OAuthS2SCredential credential, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Security.OAuthS2SAuthenticationModule.Authenticate(String challenge, WebRequest request, ICredentials credentials)

at System.Net.AuthenticationManager.Authenticate(String challenge, WebRequest request, ICredentials credentials)

at System.Net.AuthenticationState.AttemptAuthenticate(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, ICredentials authInfo)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckResubmitForAuth()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckResubmit(Exception& e, Boolean& disableUpload)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.DoSubmitRequestProcessing(Exception& exception)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.ProcessResponse()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponse(CoreResponseData coreResponseData)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Workflow.Common.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.HostedHttpExtension.HttpRequestWorkItem.HttpRequestWorkItemAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result, Int32& responseCode)

at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.HostedHttpExtension.HttpRequestWorkItem.OnEndComplete(ScheduledWorkItemContext context, IAsyncResult result)

icon

Best answer by Warwick 20 June 2016, 02:01

View original

8 replies

Badge +8

Sounds strange, what happens under a new site collection.

On which Action does this happens?

Regards

oliver

Badge +9

Hi, all other site collections seem to be working fine, so I think it's contained to this single site collection.

I happens when the workflow tries to start I think, as I can create a new workflow with just send email and it happens.

Badge +8

I this Case I recommend to you to open up a Support Case here

Tell us, if the Problem was solved.

Badge +9

Thanks, yes I have and support think it might be a SharePoint workflow service error rather than Nintex. I've logged it with Microsoft and will report back - Just hope I don't end up like a tennis ball with MS and Nintex at either ends

Badge +8

Good luck. If they trying to play tennis, ask one of them to organize an "roundtable", to bring all participants together in an online session

Badge +9

Submitted a support ticket with Microsoft on this one, as I was getting the same error with Nintex created workflows and SharePoint Designer.

Went to 2nd level support at Microsoft and all I was go they did something in the back end and it should be working now, which it was. So no idea what the issues or fix was but Microsoft will fix it if you get this error.

Badge +9

[CID:1342579466][PID:616060691534183]

I actually have it on another site collection now myself, so I'm going through the same process again.

Badge +9

Ok this was the resolution of the most recent fix by Microsoft - As mentioned as long as you can replicate the error with SharePoint Designer workflow Microsoft will help you with it.

Issue Description: Workflow failed to get access token from the token service https://workflowo365.nintex.com/api/ClientArea/Version1/WorkflowAuthentication/Auth  in the site collection

Root cause:The workflow app haven’t be registered correctly in the site collection

Assessment: The issue has been fixed after reset the workflow app for the site collection by running back-end command