Solved

Error Message on Action Worklist Item - Datafield can not be found!

Hi,

I have an approval form which actions a worklist item in a workflow and at the same time it passes two values from the approval form and puts them into datafields with in the workflow.

This worked fine for the initial two datafields I created, but recently I have added a 3rd datafield and mapped this into the rule configuration and I continuously get an error stating "Datafield can not be found" so the rule will not run.

I have attached 3 screenshots to confirm that the datafield can be seen clearly in the workflow and shows up on the config screen, so I am a total loss as to what is different to the 3rd datafield I have added?

Any ideas what this could be (the workflow/forms etc have all been deployed,checked in etc).

Thanks if anyone can shed any light, it is driving me nuts lol

Julie :-)

11199iA059CCA6BA4F0983.jpg
15942iCC03F68A9A3DDBE8.jpg
12955iE023780FF61A7D12.jpg

icon

Best answer by boringNerd1 27 May 2019, 09:41

View original

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Please check if you are actually actioning on the correct workflow. One interesting thing someone pointed out to me recently is that for the action worklist item rule, it does not matter what workflow you select or specify. As long as you pass in a valid serial number, the rule will still action on the worklist item, even if you specify a completely different workflow in the rule. I personally have never tested it, but it makes sense for this to work, since the serial number comprises of the process instance ID, which will always point to one process instance.

However, specifying the workflow on the rule will load the data fields that come along with the workflow. So I am wondering if your task serial number is pointing to another workflow, while your rule is loading the data fields from another workflow.

You can easily determine what workflow the serial number is referencing by copying the serial number from your form URL when you open the form from your task list. The serial number comprises of two numbers: <process instance ID>_<activity instance destination ID>.

Open your SmartObject Service Tester, go to Workflow Reports > Workflow General, and execute the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject. Fill in the Process Instance ID and Activity Instance Destination ID based on your serial number, then execute the List method. From the results, check the process name.

Badge +9

Can you try passing value from different control such a simple Textbox control on the form into that data field and see if that works?  

We thought we had fixed this issue, but it has just occured again and I realise now what the issue is.

Newly added data fields added to a workflow, will show up on the worklist rule action, but it will only pass the new values on items added to the sharepoint list 'after' the new datafield was added.

I guess the previous items remember the workflow config 'before' the changes were made.  I have been able to replicate this. I'm not sure what I'd do in a live enviroment however where we had maybe 50 previous items requiring approval with the new datafield being included?