Solved

Edit Toolbar Button not working in Editable List View

I have an Editable List View that I have the Add, Edit and Delete buttons availalable on the toolbar. I also have rules setup for if a row is clicked or double clicked to then open as Edit. I am almost using a Sum aggregate to total one column. I have this setup as outlined in the Expense Claim Tutorial (without having to use currency codes). 

My issue is that if I have entered an amount in the row, I am not able to then use the edit button when that row is selected and the click/double click rule won't open that row to become editable.

If the amount column is empty, all three edit options work perfectly fine. 

Included is a screen shot of the view I have. The rows that have Sue Marie and Ellen I cannot go back and edit.  The reality is that someone can easily make a mistake in the amount and I need to be able to have them edit that row. 

11959i0E84DE2FA1C1F959.jpg

icon

Best answer by mhines 14 August 2019, 13:40

View original

6 replies

Hi Mhines,

You may want to check out the rules that you have on your view and form level. Below is the sample

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +9

Hi Mhines

See official document about editable list view below

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/4.7/default.htm#Editable_List_View_Layout.html

Regards

Elvis 

Hi  @mhines;

Please checkout with this fixpack---if you'r on 5.1(http://help.k2.com/kb002449).

Thanks & Regards;

Widson.

Kate - 

I have tested this as just the view without it being in the form that it appears. The View doesn't open, so I know the issue would recur on the form also.

However, my rule for the Edit ToolBar Button is exactly the same as your example and there aren't any configuration items for it. 

I'm on 5.2

Although I don't know why, I took screenshots of my rules and then deleted them all. I recreated them based off of what I had previously and the button worked that time. Seems to be a trend when my rules don't work an anticipated and I can't find the answer - I just have to start them over again.