Solved

Dropdown list view not populating

• 1 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

My project dropdown list is not populating on my "onclick" method, which is a problem.

All the controls above are meant to be filled in with the correct values for the row I select when I click on the list view. Problem: My project dropdown doesn't populate.

The client dropdown list is linked in a cascading fashion to my project dropdown. I therefore assume that in order to know the id of the project dropdown, it must first read the id of the client dropdown.

How do I approach this?

icon

Best answer by AMolyneux 1 August 2022, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Try the following: In your “list item click” rule, setup a second sequential “Transfer Data” action. The first action will populate everything other than the Project drop-down. The second will only populate the Project drop-down.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
How does the "Project" dropdown currently populate - when the Client dropdown selects a value? If so, then when you select a row, you need to first transfer the value to the Client dropdown, which will populate the project dropdown, and THEN transfer the value of the project to the project dropdown. You can't do both dropdowns in the same data transfer rule if they have a cascading rule to populate
Yes thats exactly how it's populating and your solution worked. Thanks again.
Thank you it worked like a charm , i never thought of it that way.