Deep Link in K2 Five

• 15 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Our customer is starting using K2 Workspace mobile app. In our task notifications we are redirecting users to Workspace URL and in mobile devices this link show a page asking users to user mobile app's showing three suposed links (one for iOS, one for Android and one for Android).

The problem is that no deep link is configured in this "links" and user can't click there to be redirected to the mobile app.

Is there something to do to configure this links?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

I believe the 3 links you are talking about is actually a link to get to your app store or play store to download the K2 Mobile app.

May I know what do you mean by the K2 workspace mobile app? Are you referring to the K2 Mobile app, or opening the K2 workspace on your mobile browser?

And I'm curious why do you set your task URL to your workspace.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, at this moment in the email notification we don't send a task link, we send task information and a link to Workspace, the idea is to send users to Web Workspace (in case of desktop use) or to K2 Mobile App (in case of mobile use). And yes I was refering to K2 Mobile app (in android there is a beta version called Workspace).

About the links, the problem is that in our environments these links aren't clickable, the text shown is not really a link. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I just ran a quick test with the K2 Workspace (Unreleased) app. It should work with any standard links. I'm not sure about re-directed links to different version mobile OS. In my example, i have a form with a data label control and literal option is enabled for this control. I add an Expression (Hyperlink) and the expression is setup to use a task item url. I'm able to load the form in K2 Workspace's App > Application Forms and when i click the task link, it re-directs to the actual form. Let me know if that helps.

Hi thanks for your answer,

But I think that during this thread we lost our principal problem. Attached you'll find an Screenshot of what happens when we access to Workspace URL from a mobile device. Our problem is that these three green dots are suposed to have a DeepLink to redirect users to the K2 Mobile App or to the Store/Market to download the app but, in our case this screen doesn't link anywere.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I'm seeing the same thing in my environment when navigating to K2 Workspace site (i.e. https://k2.denallix.com/workspace) from Android device. This is just static page telling the end users to download the K2 Mobile app. I think this is the confusion here. 

Perhaps, you can submit an idea using the https://ideas.k2.com page to get an enhancement on this.