Data Label Not Saving Decimal Value Correctly to SmartObject

• 9 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I have an expression that saves the value to a data label.  The data label format is set up as a decimal (with 2 decimal points) since the expression is calculating a percentage.  The data label shows the percentage correctly (i.e., 100.00%).  However, when the data label value is saved to the SmartObject (the field is also set up as a decimal), the decimal point is not carried so the value is saved as 1.00% instead of a 100.00%.  Has anyone run across this issue?  Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

4 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

In such cases, you can throw in a show message box rule before your SmartObject rule, and use that to map in the data label. This way you can see what is the exact value that is being passed into your SmartObject.

Hi,

You can try changing your SmartObject field to "Text" or "Memo" instead of "Decimal". 

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel,

I had tried that too but it didn't work.  Also, I really do need to be using a decimal.  But I solved the decimal placement issue by multiplying my expression by 100.  Now the numbers go in correcly, i.e., showing percentage of 100 versus 1 (both are technically okay but for users, 88% means more than .88 of 1.00).  :)

Thank  you!

Hi,

I did that and that's how I was able to verify how the number was being saved to the SmartObject. Anyway, I solved the decimal placement issue by multiplying my expression by 100.  Now the numbers go in correcly, i.e., showing percentage of 100 versus 1 (both are technically okay but for users, 88% means more than .88 of 1.00).  :)

Thank  you!