Customizing the Save method for Editable List

Badge +2

Hi Everyone.

I have a list for attachments and any provided comments by the user.

If I keep it as it is while using the Save toolbar button, it works just fine. However, I want to include saving the upload date as well as the uploader username along with other values that the user does not have to see (attachment: 3 smart objects b.png).

So what I did was customizing/configuring the save method as below:

1. Execute the Create method for all the items that have been Added (attachment :1 rule definition.png).
  2. Mapped my fields to what I require (i.e. the date and username). Also mapped the required attachment and comments from the context browser (attachment: 2 mapping destination.png).
  3. Everything gets saved except for the required attachment and comments (attachment: 3 smart objects a.png).

Can someone please advise? 

12525i5C6BDA75822A3EE3.png
14223i3C6FF11B26FC55FC.png
12922i89CF5D6208A4427B.png
14920i146ABED0D49AD5AF.png

3 replies

Badge +8

Hind,

I see you are mapping the add/edit rows. Instead try mapping the display rows and see if this corrects your issue. Keep in mind the add/edit row is a temp row and when the item is added it moves to the display row of the list. Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +2

Hi Bryan,

That was a very useful piece of information, unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Hind

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello Hind,

Try adding smart object properties for attachment and comments column. I know it sounds weird that you want to save to smatobject and using smartobject properties. Expand DiscussionAttachments smarobject from context browser on the right side and map the properties to in left side panel of same DiscussionAttachments smarrtobject.

Please check attachment. Let me know if it works.