Custom Theme Changes

• 1 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Ok, I want to start by saying I really like the new Blue Void and Gray Void themes.  So much so that I wanted to copy one of them and make some tweaks to the colors to match our corporate colors.  

However, I do not understand why K2 is setting the label font-weight to be normal and override anything that might be set in the form.  

I attempted to change this in the Theme.less file and restarted/IISReset to no avail.  So can someone please tell me which of the seemingly thousands of .less or .css files in the theme folder this exists so i can take it out??  I've opened about 30 of them and can't find anything other than what I changed in the theme.less file. 

16440iF369429629DFD1C6.jpg

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi jwesener2,

I did a quick test and I was able to update the label element to bold text in the bluevoid css file, see below. Which K2 Five version are you using? Also, did you clear the browse cache (F5) after updating CSS file?

Scenario: Adding bold text to the default label of blue void theme.

1. Make a backup of the original blue void.css and update the following section.

"C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms DesignerStylesThemesBlue Void.css"

2. K2 Server > IISRESET and clear browser history. You can run Chrome in Incognito to test the above change if clearing browser history is not possibe.

Hi K2 Developer

You can safely clear browser catch using the below URL and apply ur changes

<K2 SmartForms URL>/Designer/CacheControl.ashx?m=Clear
<K2 SmartForms URL>/Runtime/CacheControl.ashx?m=Clear 

Absorbed from kb article https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt135805

-Widson

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member].

Badge +4

So i was doing just an IISReset and clearing my browser cache and that didn't work until I actually did a K2 Service restart as well.