Creating a list view from two Smart object Tables

• 26 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Can any body help

I want to create a single list view from two smart object tables. The first table is a list of contracts the second table is a list of Contract owners and managers. The two lists are maintained by two different groups of people. Is there any way the when a contract list view is opened it can pull in to the list view the the current contract owners and managers.

Many thanks

Andy R  

3 replies

Hi @AndyR1,

Each list view can only display data from its own smart object/ database. Unfortuanately list views cannot pull data from other tables. As an alternative, you can display listviews side by side via a Form (even below each other):

Simply drag and drop a list view onto a form and you will see panels of where you can drop them.

Hope this helps :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Badge +6

I think you can create advanced smartobject association (Master-Detail).  please check here 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#How-Tos/SmartObjectAssociations/SmartObjectAssociations.htm

or

For loading performance, you can create advanced smartobject list method (storedprocedure with join master detail table).  This approach table join is performed in Database level

Hi there @AndyR1 

Are you using a smartBox smartObject or is it an Advanced smartObject?

If you are using SQL as your database, I would suggest that you use a stored Procedure for this, then after create a smartObject and list view out of it.

Regards

HulisaniN