Create a K2 server log viewer in smartforms

Hello ,

I am using K2  5.3 version. I am referring the below article  to create a K2 Server log viewer  using K2 smartform.

https://peterblommendaal.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/create-a-k2-host-server-log-viewer-with-k2-smartforms/

After following step by step guide of this article. My custom Log Archive table still contains No data.(Error logs) .

I have restarted K2 service as well 

Also, this line below 

add name="K2StandardAssetsDB" connectionString="Data Source=DLX;Initial Catalog=K2 Standard Assets;integrated security=sspi;Pooling=True" providerName="K2BLACKPEARL" 

what should I mention as "DataSource" and what is "Catalog".

Kindly assist

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

In your HostServerLogging.config, did you follow the instructions in the article and set the following line?

<LogLocation Name="ArchiveExtension" Active="True" LogLevel="Warning" />

If you use the exact same values for the properties, only warnings will be logged into the database. You can set the LogLevel to "Error" to only log errors, or "All" to log everything.

Hi ,
Thank you for your quick response.
I had already set to All, still no luck .
Is there something to do with this line add name="K2StandardAssetsDB" connectionString="Data Source=DLX;Initial Catalog=K2 Standard Assets;integrated security=sspi;Pooling=True" providerName="K2BLACKPEARL"

what should I mention as "DataSource" and what is "Catalog".
Badge +12

Hello,

The Initial Catalog would be the name of the database as per the article you referenced while Data Source would be the SQL server hosting that database.