Solved

Conditional rules on List View Rows

• 10 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I have two things I am trying to accomplish with my list view rows and I can't get either to work. 

Here's a picture of my list view for reference:

18140iD39F3597848C3A90.png

For rows where the Recommended Quantity field is populated with a number, I want to set the Order Quantity field to be that number.

Then, separately, for each row where the Quantity Locked checkbox (a bit field in the SQL that actually houses the data) is checked/set to Yes I want the Order Quantity field to be read-only for the user.

To accomplish the first goal I tried having the output of my List method have the Recommended Quantity field from my source mapped to the Order Quantity field in my list (pictured below) but it still didn't pull the data in.

18141i6DCA1EB1FEE63A2E.png

For my second issue I tried setting up a clause in the rule where the List method is called to do a for all rows loop and then add a clause that If Quantity Locked Checkbox contains Yes (I also tried it with "1" since I know the SQL data will store it as 1/0) then set the Order Quantity Text Box to read only. But that doesn't appear to be working either.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with either part and if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by dchersels 14 June 2021, 20:38

View original

2 replies

For the first problem, there are a couple of options but it depends on your implementation. I'm assuming that this works off a base template of sorts, i.e. use previous order as start or use criteria and then create a list of items. But at the end of the day, you make a copy of an existing list of items and then add those as new items/rows for the current submission. If this is the case, I would simply do the check where the list items are duplicated and add that in there. Alternatively, you can loop through the list once it's loaded on the form but then you will need to save it again and reload it afterwards. If none of these apply, let me know some additional details on how the list of items are created.

For the second problem, edit the Edit button click and the List item Double-click rule for the view and set the textbox's ReadOnly property to the Quantity Locked field. Here's how I configured it:

Configuration on the Order Qty Text Box's configure modal:

I didn't even think of putting the read-only conditional rules in the Edit item section of my rules. That worked perfectly, thank you so much!