Concept of Form View >Form > View > View

• 25 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi All, I have folloving situation:

15000iAA426A5861BD8E97.png

Remains to say that despite the errors, all works as expected and the 'only' issue ofcourse the inability to check the form in.

Now, is this an issue of a bad concept, or something that in your opinion shoudl work ?

thx for help
Petr 

2 replies

Hi there,

With little customization - I tested this on my environment (5.0004.1000.2) and I had no issues. As far as I know, this is possible. Something else must be causing issues on your forms when you try and add additional rules. You can always change the level at which these rules are if you wish - ie change the form to have a rule of “When a view control raises an event” then open subforms/views from there.

Additionally, feel free to look here regarding best practices on Subviews/Subforms: https://dudelisdev.com/2019/08/best-practices-subviews-subforms.html

If you have found a solution to your problem, please post it here in case someone else runs into the same issue!

Hello 

I would check the child view’s to ensure that the inheritance of rules are working as anticipated. You have to go to the source rule and check that there are no validation errors preventing it from being checked-in, otherwise parent views/forms that inherit the ruleset with validation errors, will result in the inability to check it in until the underlying error is resolved. 

Based on the screenshots provided, it looks like the view inheritance may be corrupted. I would suggest rebinding the view to the form, and if the issue persists, please log a ticket.

Regards,

Michelle