Solved

Combine values in List view into single field

• 28 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hi All

Has anyone any idea on how to achieve this? 

I have a smartobject when returns a list of IDs and Names
For the purpose of my project I need to concatinate all the names from the SO into a single data field

* Run smartobject and this data is returned
1. James

2. William

3. Adam

4. Michael

5. Mark

Join all these values into a data field so I end up with James, William, Adam, Michael, Mark

I would need to execute inside K2 Designer as that Is where I need to store the concatinated field for use in my process.

Any ideas?

Paul

icon

Best answer by khanh1 28 November 2018, 22:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Paul,

I would recommend going through workflow with a simple SmartObject call and a Join inline function. It's possible via Smartforms, you can use Multi-select control to handle this and a rule to transfer the data. Perhaps, the below steps might work for you.

Doing this via Smartforms.

1. Add Multi-Select control and set Data Source to use the SmartObject.

2. Add a button rule to transfer data from Multi-Select control to a data label.

At runtime, it will looks like this.

Concatenate name via workflow.

2. Add a Set Variables step and use the Join function to achieve it.

Badge +8

thanks Khanh

Badge +10

I'm trying to do something extremely similar to this. 

I have a list view displaying all records created / submitted on behalf of logged in user.  

The user could belong to multiple teams (also displayed on a list view on form)

When a user clicks on a image for 'Team Requests' I'd like to filter the primary list with all of the values in the Team View.

Main View:   ID / Team Name / User

Team View:   Team Name (pre filtered on form initialization by username)

Click Image -  Filter Main View by the Team Name(s) in the Team View.  The number of teams could range from 1 - 5.

I was looking into some additional posts and they don't include instructions clear enough to where I can make this work.

When I run a 'when list is executed' / for all items in list / transfer data

I've tried into an expression & a datalabel -  it only seems to populate the last record in the list.

Help needed.  See Image