Solved

Clear Item References in the workflow designer

• 9 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Is there any way to clear down any Item References that get created as part of your WF?

You can clear down data fields but I can't see a way to clear down the Item Reference - you used to be able to do this in the VS Designer in Blackpearl.

I understand that I can get round this by not creating a reference and calling the SmartObject directly each time but this is not very convenient.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by ernie_hayter 10 March 2022, 09:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi paulk,

Have you tried to right click on the item reference itself? I think there is an option to delete it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi there,

The reference is valid and I need it for my workflow to work. What I want to do is at the end of my workflow to clear the actual XML value of the Item Reference that you see when you look into the reporting.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @paulk,

There isn't a feature like that, unfortunately.

That being said, the Item Reference XML does not expose any sensitive information, as it only saves the SmO, method, and ID:

If you still do not want these to be exposed on the report, you are going to have to resort to either calling the SmO every time you want to reference it, or use data fields.

Cheers,

Ernie

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hey Ernie 🙂

Cheers for the reply - I kind of thought that was the case.  Like I say you used to be able to do that in VS by transferring and Empty string to the Item Reference.

The level of how sensitive that XML depends very much on the environment that you operate in.

Will revert to calling the SMO each time, which isn't too painful.

Cheers