Checkbox clearing after re-initialization

• 12 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

I have a weird predicament (I have found a workaround, I am just hoping I can understand the issue better).  I have a Picker that pulls data from AD and takes  a User ID and places it into a different field. I had an issue of the User ID staying in the control, it would disappear quickly (not sure why). To fix that Issues I added an initialize method to the rule that changed the picker to execute the initialize method. This view also happens to have a checkbox list. If I enter data into the checkbox list first and then get a name from the picker the initialize method that occurs after the picker has been changed clears out the checkbox list.

I have added screen shots of a reproduction of the issue:

Screenshot 1: Picture of view11567i399FDA3DDF5655A6.png

Screenshot 3: screenshot of after Picker filled

13050iB63AAD91016D10EA.png

Thank you,

Paul

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Is your checkboxes populated by a SmartObject data source? If so, there should be a rule in the view's Initialize rule that will handle that checkbox population. By calling that Initialize rule, you are also calling the rule to re-populate the checkboxes, which explains why all your checked checkboxes are gone.

Hi boringNerd,

The checkboxes are populated from static text. There is no rule on the checkboxes other than to show views. That is why I am really confused by why the checkboxes are getting cleared. The pictures above are a recreation of the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Pob,

I am able to get the same behaviour where the selection/s on the checkbox list are being cleared with the initialize method on Picker change. This seems to only occur for a checkbox list control.

I suggest raising a support ticket for this so that the team can check if this might be a potential product bug.