Solved

Check user belongs to a particular SharePoint Group

I'm using K2 Five in SP2016 and would like to know how to set Rules in SmartForm to check user belongs to a particular SP Group to show/hide controls on form.
I found this article (https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Check-User-in-a-SP2013-Group/td-p/91065) but I have no idea how to use OOTB smartobject 'SharePoint Integration Helper Methods'.

Much greatly appreciated your help!

icon

Best answer by HeinrichCohn 21 May 2018, 13:25

View original

4 replies

Badge +6

Hello , 

There is a smart object In SharePoiint managment "Users" there is a method "Is User in Group" you can call this smo and check the user is availble in group or not.

THanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi tkunohim

I have created a small solution attached and some images of the rule set I used to validated if the user exsist in SharePoint or Not

Please note that this solution is in K2 5.1

If this was helpfull , please execpt this as a solution

Regards

Heinrich

HI Team,

On initialize form I am using sharepoint integration  helper smart object in which i am using is user in any one group method and in the input mapping i gave my site url,usergroupid in which i have a member and in user login id i am passing FQN value from systemvalues ---> current user ---> FQN but always get false in return .   how to check if current login user exist in that group or not.

Try using the Name reference under Current User instead of the FQN. That worked for me.