Cannot remove user role from management console

• 7 October 2020
  • 6 replies

We have two user roles defined in the management console and don’t know how they would have gotten created.  In either case, we are unable to edit or remove because the buttons are disabled.  Any ideas?

6 replies

Hi @jmoenich1 

If you run the following query you will be able to see all the role

SELECT TOP (1000) [id]
,[Guid]
,[Name]
,[DisplayName]
,[Description]
,[CreatedBy]
,[CreatedDateUTC]
,[ModifiedBy]
,[ModifiedDateUTC]
FROM [K2].[Authorization].[Role]

You can try and edit or delete the role from [K2].[Authorization].[Role] in the database.

You can check the [K2].[Authorization].[RoleMember] table in the k2 database.

I hope this helps.

Regards

HulisaniN

Badge +6

If the role is already use by instance (completed instance), you can’t delete them.  There are many dependencies, I would say just leave it as it is.  

Deleting roles can cause K2HostServer keep throwing error in the log files.

what prompted us to look at this was a large number of error messages in our logs last night during the creation of a large number of workflows.  We were investigating this as a potential bottle neck to starting workflows.

"User Manager 127.0. 0.1 returned an empty queue" - This message is logged if your K2 roles does not have atleast one valid user. To stop the messages being logged, you must add atleast one user to all the roles, or delete the empty roles.

We believe these are empty roles that are not used by any of our current workflows.

Badge +6
jmoenich1 wrote:

what prompted us to look at this was a large number of error messages in our logs last night during the creation of a large number of workflows.  We were investigating this as a potential bottle neck to starting workflows.

"User Manager 127.0. 0.1 returned an empty queue" - This message is logged if your K2 roles does not have atleast one valid user. To stop the messages being logged, you must add atleast one user to all the roles, or delete the empty roles.

We believe these are empty roles that are not used by any of our current workflows.

I think, just added in a user (ex: k2service account)

Thanks.  Will give that a shot.

Hi jmoenich1,

This KB Article might be of some help too to check whether the roles are in use before deleting them.

Hope this helps!