Solved

Cannot register SQL service Instance

• 15 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi All, 

Please assist - I am trying to register a SQL Service Instance and I am presented with the error below: 

VALIDATION a connection was established with server, but could not connect to the database supplied or database could not be found

I am not sure what is causing the error.  Please see attached

11743i068B6BE90734AC06.png

icon

Best answer by khanh1 15 August 2018, 17:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Which method are you using to connect to the database (Service Acount, Impersonate, etc.)? Is the database on a different server than the K2 database? I have a few suggestions depending on the above:

Make sure the K2 service account has access to the database in question

Try toggling "Use Native SQL Execution", particularly if it is on a different SQL Server

Hello  @MoMapaela,

I actually created an article about this, that I will link below to make sure you perform the necessary checks to get the Service Instance to work with SQL. There are checks that are needed to be made when creating a Service Instance from SQL, from the proper permissions within SQL to making sure you select the right "Authentication Mode".

How to Create SQL Service Instance and SmartObject:

http://community.k2.com/t5/General/How-to-Create-Custom-SQL-Service-Instance-SmartObject/m-p/103094

Thanks,

Michael

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi,
I would try the suggestion that tbyrne777 mentioned. We have seen this issue a few times. It has to do with SQL permission.
This will depend on your setup. If the K2 Service account is used to register the SQL service instance, I would make sure the account has corrected SQL permission (db_owner) to the database in addition to set the 'User Native Execution' to false.
Badge +3

Thank you everyone for their solutions - I managed to get it working. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Would you mind sharing what the solution was? This is a common problem, it would be good to have the solution documented here for future generations of K2 developers :)