Cannot open database "*" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user

• 28 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Problem.
I have since created a DB inside the MSSQL server with K2. Now I try to connect the smartform to the SQL server, sometimes it connects, and allows me to execute the stored Proceure (After refreshing the K2 SQL Service instance from SmartObject Service Tester), sometimes it flags this Error below

Cannot open database "K2_Objects" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'DENALLIXK2Service'.

Where K2_Objects is the Database I created and has the stored Procedure.

Ransacking the internet, I have not been able to find any reasonable information as it stands. What could be the issue? Kindly get back to me as soon as possible.

2 replies

Hello Gozni,

Please take a look at this documentation for SQL Server service troubleshooting:  https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.2/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/SQLServer/SQLService-Troubleshooting.htm#splinkedserver.  You may want to try changing the values for 'On Different SQL Server' and 'Use Native SQL Execution' from True to False, or vice versa depending on your set up.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Gozni,

Perhaps, this has to do with the SQL linked server setup. Did you set up the SQL service instance to use Service Account for authentication type?

If you change the linked server setting to use 'Be made using the login's current security content' option then does it help?  I have seen some cases when the stored procedure makes use of SQL tables from a different database via SQL OpenQuery call and it can be the problem. In those cases, we have to give the complained account permission in SQL linked server.