Cannot load forms offline on K2 mobile app with Offline Availability property checked

• 23 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello K2 community,

I have an issue with my mobile forms: they run well online on the K2 mobile app, but not offline.

So, I have created a very simple form based on an advanced SmartObject, with only a layout (no initialization, no controls). Of course, I have checked the Offline Availability property.

• The form loads well online in K2 mobile app.
  • Offline, the layout is loaded but I get a spinner that never disappears: the form is blocked...
  • I tried to clear the offline cache of the K2 mobile app (Destroy Offline Data), with no success.
  • In the app system log, I get a lot of  "Unknown response" messages.

Thanks for your help,

Olivier.

2 replies

Badge +12

Hi Oliver, 

Thank you for your post, I would like to ask what is the smart object made up of here? 

Do you perhaps have any list controls upon the form ?

Has the data source been set to "cache the data option" as per article below: 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#Create/Forms/OfflineAvailability.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CSmartForms%7CBuilding%2520SmartForms%2520for%2520Mobile%2520Devices%7C_____2

Kind regards, 

Percy

Hello Percy,

The form is based on an advanced SQL Server SmartObject, but with only a layout (no initialization, no controls). It loads online (only the layout, but it is OK), but not offline.

I have tried more elaborate forms with cached data, but that is the same problem.