Can you configure K2 V5 Designer to not open the Recent window and go directly to Browsing categorie

Badge +8

Never use recent, and it is an extra step when going into designer.

7 replies

Hello,

I do not think there is a way to change the K2 Designer Homepage. However I would recommend logging this as an Idea on ideas.k2.com as a feature to be added into the product. 

Thank you,

Mark

Badge +9

Or simply bookmark the link after you click on "Browse":

https://your.website.com/designer/#action=list&filter=category&catid=1

Badge +8

The link works as expected, but when our system prompts for authentication and then we enter that, we are taken back to the recent files/browse window.

So maybe there is a line somewhere our admin can update, but it would still be best for an individual user to configure for themself.

I thought the workflow was similar with all the new messages on how to use workflow, but you can answer 'Got It' and it stops the animation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Regarding the messages on how to use the workflow, you can probably turn those off from workflow designer (File > Options > Tips).

Badge +8

Regarding going to File/Options/Tips, this sounds like workflow designer.  I have turned that off, by clicking on the 'Got it' button.

Can you give me steps, or a screen shot of where the file button is on K2 Designer with browse on the bottom of the screen?  I can set up a favorite, but it still takes me to the browse screen after authentication.  Then my favorite is just like using the browse button, which is an extra step.

All these suggestions are answers to my questions, but none of the responses so far are a solution.  I believe I did post it to Ideas.K2.com

Thanks all!

BillK

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Please see video link on how to disable the tooltips: http://www.screencast.com/t/HKCRMUhRrMw

Badge +8

I am trying to go into designer (not workflow designer), and I get a default screen which points me to recently opened files.

Attaching a screen show.

If I want to work in designer, I select browse at the bottom of this screen, and I get taken to the categories screen.  If I set up a shortcut to the category screen, I still have to authenticate, and then my authentication takes me to the browse screen.  After authenticating, I can go to the category screen no problem.

Just wondering if there can be an option to configure the K2 Designer to show the recent view in a dropdown, and always show the category view by default.

Thanks!