Solved

Can not open or build a K2 App

When you go to the Apps page and click any buttons, such as All, Published, Pending Approval, etc, it pop up an error message, it says ‘Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Invalid object name 'dbo.com_K2_App_Framework_Core_SmartObject_RegisteredApp'.

Does anyone know what it means? and how to fix it? 

Thanks.  

icon

Best answer by Prineel 5 March 2021, 15:44

View original

6 replies

Hi @JennyZ,

I can’t find many other previous logged tickets with the same error as yours but I did find a K2 4.7 Workspace error that is similar to yours which I will show at the end, but first I reccomend that you:

• Run a K2 Configuration Analysis.
  • Try restarting your K2 Server.
  • Make sure that you have the latest CU/fixpack for your K2 version.

Now for what I found and the resolution (I would recommend that you rather open a support ticket instead of attempting this):

Error: k2 workspace have " exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error, nobody could access to workspace.

STEPS TAKEN
As per this KB (http://help.k2.com/kb001221) we implemented the changes and resolved the behaviour.

1) Stop K2 blackpearl service.
2) Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSite
3) Make a backup of Management.xml and save it in a familiar location.
4) Edit Management.xml as follows:
         <add port="0" timeout="1000" />
5) Perform an IIS reset.
6) Start the K2 blackpearl service.

I will attach the KB article as a PDF as well.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Many thanks @Prineel

I am not sure how to run a K2 Configuration Analysis and restart a K2 Server as we are using K2 cloud, not K2 Five….

Kind regards, 

Jenny

Hi @JennyZ ,

Im not sure how cloud environments for clients are setup, so I recommend that you open a support ticket, but if you have access to a server where K2 has been installed, thats where you would be able to do the above mentioned:

You will find a configuration analysis tool in the K2 folder of your start menu

If you search for services from your start menu, you should be able to find it and open it, right click on the K2 server and hit restart.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Thanks @Prineel,

Think I have to open a support ticket as the K2 Cloud doesn’t have server on local pc. Do you know how to open a support ticket as it is supported by Nintex now? Thanks. 

Kind regards,

Jenny

Hi @JennyZ,

I believe that you will have to use this link: https://www.nintex.com/?referrer=k2

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi @Prineel,

Many thanks for your help again. 

Kind regards

Jenny