Best way for action history

• 16 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

what is the Best way to save the action history for the workflow actions in business tables

4 replies

Hi @Mahjooob,

If you are using sql, I am 99% sure that workflow actions are saved there. If you are not, or want to save it in your own tables, I would recommend that you create a new smart object to store a workflow action log and in your workflow, use the SmartObject Method after each action to save an action into your “log” smartobject. Let me know if you want screenshots of how to do so.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Prineel wrote:

Hi @Mahjooob,

If you are using sql, I am 99% sure that workflow actions are saved there. If you are not, or want to save it in your own tables, I would recommend that you create a new smart object to store a workflow action log and in your workflow, use the SmartObject Method after each action to save an action into your “log” smartobject. Let me know if you want screenshots of how to do so.

Kind Regards

Prineel

actually, I'm using SQL server but I have no access to k2 database, I'm using now the smo to save the log but I face some discrepancy here.

Hi @Mahjooob ,

Ive created a small Log:

This is the SmartObject (can be way more detailed)
This is how my workflow looks (The 2 smart object methods are to save data into the log)
This is how I saved it, but you can also use the “Step Name” (as shown in the next image) which will save the SmartObject’s method name
Under the Workflow tab on the right, there are a lot of useful details with regards to the workflow, people using it and its steps that you can use to create a detailed log
I created a listview and configured the Date Time Format to display the date and time (Short DateTime) 

Feel free to share your discrepancies if this post didn’t help, as we might help you find another solution/workaround :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Dear @Prineel 

thank you that is really cool

BR