Am I crazy? K2 Five Application Regnerate SmartObjects Not Updating Workflow Context Browser Referen

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Am I crazy? K2 Five Application Regnerate SmartObjects Not Updating Workflow Context Browser References

Please see screen shots ... 

To note: I am a Citizen Developer .. There have been some recent corporate updates to Nintex / K2

I'm finding the K2 Five Workflow Context Browser References are not being updated when the Main List has a Choice Field or Lookup Field added to it.

As a test, I started a fresh "Main List" and have 3 Lookup Lists.  The Lookup Lists were all created first, have data, and List > Application  > Data & Reports generated for each list so SmartObject(s) exist

The Main List was created with Choice1 Field and  Lookup1 Field ... then List > Application > Data | Workflow | Reports generated

The Workflow > Context Browser > References show the Choice1 and Lookup1 references.

** When I add Choice2 and Lookup2, go back to List > Application, Regenerate SmartObjects as prompted, I am NOT seeing updated References for Choice2 and Lookup2.

If I create a NEW workflow, then all References are generated as expected... 

** HOWEVER, if I add Choice3 and Lookup3 those references are not regenerated into the workflow.

Am I crazy? 

Has anyone encountered this before ???? 

22586i49B893906864CF85.png

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi there! I don't believe the K2 workflow designer has ever automatically added a reference to the new column's lookup list to an existing workflow, the workflow wouldn't know that the list has changed.

As per your screenshots, a new workflow picks up all the SmartObjects generated for the list correctly, so the regeneration is working just fine. You'll need to add references to the newly created SmartObjects in your existing workflow in order for the workflow to know the list definition changed and have references to the new lookup fields.