Adding Multiple Approval in the Workflow

• 14 September 2020
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

Thank you for your time. I have an assignment to design a workflow that would be something like this;

1. Requester assigned the Approval based on the Email ID and submit a form to start a workflow
  2. Workflow will update the status of the request and then proceed to the next approval
  3. The Next Approval is a dynamic approval, where requester can select one and/or more than one approval in Step No. 1 in a list view format..
  4. Each approval can view the form, give comment and select action from one of the three options; which are i) Recommend, ii) Reject, or iii) Revise
  5. If all the approval click Recommend, then the workflow will proceed to the next stage. If one of the approval click Reject, then the request will go straigh to End regardless of any action by other approval previously. If one of the approval click Revise, the the request will go back to the requester for amendment.
  6. The action taken by each of the approval in step No. 5 above will be updated in the Audit Trail view together with the comment

Step 1 to 4 is done.

However, I can't figure out how to design the workflow's user task in Step No. 5. I assume that we can use SmartObject from the Context Browser to identify the email ID for the list of approvals in the Task Recipient and send the workflow to each of them in sequential order (top-down order).

For Step No. 6, I already have an SMO and View used for Audit Trail in my other application, however it only captures the action and comment by the first approval in the list, and not for the rest of the approval in the list. 

If you have any similar solution to this, please do not hesitate to direct me there. Thank you in advance

3 replies

Hi,

I believe you are trying to do something like this, look at the "How to configure the Task step with the Consensus result rule" drop down text. Yours should instead be something like the attached images (option1.png or option2.png). There are probably other ways you could configure it, but these ways should work. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards 

Prineel

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of information provided by any forum member.

Thanks Prineel for your replies. Really appreciate that.

However, I got one bigger issue here; how to assign multiple recipients in the Task User steps based on the selected i.e. email id. I draft something like this (refer attachment).

My idea is, whoever email ID that has been selected by the requester, will be the approver, and the approver can be more than one. I haven't test it yet though so I'm not sure whether this will work or not. 

My scenario requires approver that has not been pre-assigned the task, so it can be anyone from the Active Directory

Hi,

A good way of testing the values it returns is to put the smartobject list (in your case it will be the mail_id with your settings/filters) into an email body (See attached image) and send an email to yourself or a user that can recieve emails, and see what data it returns, that way you can test and fix the "settings" until you get the data you are looking for. 

Kind Regards

Prineel